How does BalaVihar benefit my children & family?
Enrolling in Bala Vihar is a sure way of keeping our children on the path of virtue, courage and wisdom! Hindu religion provides a strong ethical foundation & a higher vision to Life while growing in this bicultural environment; Being born in the most peaceful, compassionate, all accepting culture, it will be our misfortune if we can not pass on this legacy to our own children, let alone the communities around us. Balvihar education imbibe values of love, honesty, discipline, self-respect, tolerance, and courage to stand for righteousness. Also, Language being a "Gateway to the Culture". Proficiency (speak, read, write) in at least one of the Indian languages will enable them understand our culture, practices, and its rich philosophical basis better. This will increase thei confidence in communicating with grandparents, cousins, uncles, aunts & improve bonding with the extended family. Parents will see benefit of Balvihar education when children enter into the High school and College. Balvihar teaching assures parents a good night sleep while children are in college and move beyond! Kindle the light of knowledge while window to their mind is open! Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitah Dharma protects them who protects (follows) dharma
- Bala Vihar & Study Class Fall 2021 Session starts September 13, 20121 (9 AM – 12:30 PM) Register Today, Limited Openings! Click Here for Registration
- Bala Vihar class location: TBD
- Objective: "To help children learn Values with fun, To delight like the moon And shine like the sun" --- Swami Tejomayananda
The Chinmaya Balavihar program offers weekly spiritual Vedanta classes for children in their formative years. The classes are categorized by varying age groups, start and end with Sanskrit prayers, and include chanting, bhajans, stories of devotion and morals, interactive discussions, and creative games. Conducted worldwide, the 90-minute classes are based on specially designed dynamic curriculum, with the aim of accomplishing the Balavihar rationale set by Swami Chinmayananda:
- To inculcate in our children and youth a reverence for our ancient culture, and inspire them to live up to it with correct understanding
- To create self-confidence so that they are able to serve and act cheerfully
- To generate personal discipline, dynamic leadership, and true affection in all their contacts
- To mould their capacity to brilliantly express their individuality
- To bring out their dormant faculties and detect defects so that they can cultivate and improve their creative abilities
- To help our children and youth develop a healthy resistance against temptations in the atmosphere in which they grow
- To provide an atmosphere of growth that is filled with noble ideals, healthy emotions, and physical discipline.
- Curriculum: The Curriculum for Chinmaya Bala Vihar is very structured and is based on Hindu scriptures. The emphasis is on how the value system that can make our daily lives happy and create a happy world for tomorrow. Teachers have handbooks for all grades from K-12. The Handbooks are very well designed and cover the topic of the year in depth through inspiring stories, discussions , fun games & activities that reinforce the Values for happy living.